Baffles – Plywood vs Particle Board

Here is a tip for anyone who has a guitar amp or extension cabinet with a particle board baffle. Changing the baffle from partical board to a high quality plywood will give your cabinet a more open and natural sound. Some players describe particle board sounding and feeling dead as compared to plywood. This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to any cabinet and you get a great “bang for the buck” so to speak. Larry Rodgers of Rodgers Amplifiers in Florida makes high quality replacement baffles for their particale board counterparts. Larry also makes reproduction amplifer cabinets and offers tube amp repair and restoration services. Here is the contact information to get a plywood replacement baffle from Rodgers: and Phone 239-649-8799. You can also read the informative Spotlight feature on Larry here.

Baffle photo credit: Mojo Musical Supply.

Let Me Repair Your Guitars & Amps

The 300Guitars Shop

Billy Penn's 300guitars Shop located at 1L Executive Drive in Toms River, NJ will bring your guitars and amplifiers back to life! Specializing in guitar & amplifier repairs and restorations in New Jersey.

  • Guitar Repairs
  • Guitar Restoration
  • Guitar Amplifier Repairs
  • Custom Tube Amp Building
  • Guitar Pickup Rewinding
  • Guitar Amplifier Modifications

Click here to find out more

How to find me

View Larger Map


300Guitars Shop 1L Executive Drive Toms River, NJ 08755 Phone: 848-218-0362